1. Essential Study Partner-This CD-ROM is an interactive student study tool packed with hundreds of animations and learning activities. From quizzes to interactive diagrams, students will find that there has never been a more exciting way to study anatomy and physiology. A self-quizzing feature allows students to check knowledge of a topic before moving on to a new module. Additional unit exams give students the opportunity to review coverage for a more complete understanding. The ESP is packaged free with new textbooks.
2. Online Learning Center http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/ap/holeessentials/Students and Instructors gain access to a world of opportunities through this password protected web site. Students will find quizzes, activities, links, and much more. Instructors will find all the enhancement tools needed for teaching online, or for incorporating technology in the traditional course.
3. Laboratory Manual-Written by Terry R. Martin, this lab manual has been revised and closely tied to the 7th edition of the text. The manual now features Web Quest activities at the ends of most labs, where students are asked to further explore topics via the Internet. Correlations to the Virtual Physiology CD-ROM are also included.
An Intelitool supplement is also offered.
4. Instructor's Manual and Test Item File-This valuable instructor's tool was prepared by Michael F. Peters, Baker College of Port Huron. It contains lecture suggestions and guidelines, application questions, and critical thinking issues for each chapter objective, in addition to questions and issues to initiate student discussion. The Instructor's Manual also contains test items for each chapter to evaluate student understanding of the subject matter.
The manual also includes a Visuals Testbank, featuring line art from the text with labels deleted for student quizzing or practice. The Answer Key for Chapter Review Exercises is in the Instructor's Manual as well. (0-07-290778-9)
5. Student Study Guide-Nancy A. Sickles Corbett prepared the study guide, which contains chapter overviews, chapter objectives, focus questions, mastery tests, study activities, and answer keys that correspond to the text chapters. (0-07-290777-0)
6. Computerized Test Generator-Free upon request to qualified adopters of this textbook, the test generator contains the complete test item file on computer diskette for Windows and Macintosh formats. (WIN 0-07-290782-7)
7. Transparencies-250 acetate sheets of full-color illustrations from the text complement classroom lectures or can be used for short quizzes.
8. Visual Resource Library-This CD-ROM contains all the line art in this textbook. The CD contains an easy-to-use program to view images quickly, and images may be imported into PowerPoint to customize multimedia presentations. Lecture outlines for each chapter are also available, along with a pre-set PowerPoint presentation for each chapter. (0-697-42203-8)
The instructions for this product can be found at http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/abio/kudo_ug/vrlug.htm
9. Instructor's Manual for the Laboratory Manual-Written by Terry R. Martin, the manual correlates the laboratory manual with text chapters, provides a suggested time schedule for each laboratory exercise, gives instructional suggestions, and answers the questions in the lab reports. A Frame Number Directory in the appendix correlates appropriate sections of the laboratory manual to the Dynamic Human videodisc. (0-07-290779-7)
10. Histology Slides-A set of 70 micrographs of tissues, organs, and other body features described in the textbook are available.
11. Intelitool Supplement to Accompany Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory Manuals-This supplement contains four Intelitool laboratory exercises on muscle physiology, reflex physiology, electrocardiography, and spirometry and is written by Terry R. Martin. (0-697-33368-X)
Other learning aids available from McGraw-Hill include:
12. The Dynamic Human CD-ROM-Version 2.0 (0-697-38935-9) illustrates the important relationship between anatomical structures and their functions in the human body. Realistic computer visualization and three-dimensional visualization are the premier features of this learning tool.
13. The Dynamic Human Videodisc-(0-697-37994-9) contains more than twenty-five animations, 130 histological micrographs, clinical footage, and line art from Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology.
14. Life Science Animations (LSA)- contains fifty-three animations on five VHS videocassettes; Chemistry, The Cell, and Energetics (0-697-25068-7); Cell Division, Heredity, Genetics, Reproduction, and Development (0-697-25069-5); Animal Biology No. 1 (0-697-25070-9); Animal Biology No. 2
(0-697-25071-7); and Plant Biology, Evolution, and Ecology (0-697-26600-1). Another available videotape is Physiological Concepts of Life Science (0-697-21512-1).
15. Life Science Animations 3D-forty-two key biological processes all narrated and animated in vibrant color with dynamic three-dimensional graphics. (0-07-290652-9)
16. Anatomy and Physiology Videodisc-(0-697-27716-X) is a four-sided videodisc containing more than thirty animations of physiological processes, as well as line art and micrographs.
17. Virtual Physiology Lab CD-ROM-(0-697-37994-9) has ten simulations of animal-based experiments common in the physiology component of a laboratory course; allows students to repeat experiments for improved mastery.
18. Laboratory Atlas of Anatomy and Physiology, second edition (0-697-39480-8), by Douglas Eder et al. is a full-color atlas containing histology, human skeletal anatomy, human muscular anatomical dissections, and reference tables.
19. Case Histories in Human Physiology, third edition, by Donna Van Wynesberghe and Gregory Cooley is a web-based workbook that stimulates analytical thinking through case studies and problem solving; includes an instructor's answer key. (www.mhhe.com/biosci/ap/vanwyn/)
20. The McGraw-Hill Learning Architecture-is a browser-based product that is a solution for delivering educational content over networked environments. The Learning Architecture connects students with each other as well as their instructor in an integrated environment. In addition to providing support and collaboration tools for users, such as built-in messaging and discussion lists, the Learning Architecture also manages all students on the server as well as the course material assigned to them. The benefits of this system to both instructors and students are tremendous
21. Anatomy and Physiology Videotape Series-consists of four videotapes, free to qualified adopters, including Blood Cell Counting, Identification and Grouping (0-697-11629-8); Introduction to the Human Cadaver and Prosection (0-697-11177-6); Introduction to Cat Dissection: Cat Musculature (0-697-11630-1); and Internal Organs and Circulatory System of the Cat (0-697-13922-0).
22. Human Anatomy and Physiology Study Cards, third edition (0-697-26447-5), by Kent Van De Graaff, Ward Rhees, and Christopher Creek, is a boxed set of 300 illustrated cards (3 ´ 5 in.), each of which concisely summarizes a concept of structure or function, defines a term, and provides a table of related information. Study Cards
23. Life Science Living Lexicon CD-ROM-(0-697-37993-0) by William Marchuk provides interactive vocabulary-building exercises. It includes the meanings of word roots, prefixes, and suffixes with illustrations and audio pronunciations.
24. Survey of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases- (0-697-27535-3) by Kent M. Van De Graaff is a black-and-white booklet that presents the essential information on 100 of the most common and clinically significant diseases. A one-page presentation that includes pronunciation, derivation, definition, life cycle, description, signs and symptoms, laboratory diagnoses, and prevention/treatment covers each disease.
25. Coloring Guide to Anatomy and Physiology-(0-697-17109-4) by Robert and Judith Stone emphasizes learning through the process of color association. The Coloring Guide provides a thorough review of anatomical and physiological concepts.
26. Atlas of the Skeletal Muscles-third edition (0-07-290332-5) by Robert and Judith Stone is a guide to the structure and function of human skeletal muscles. The illustrations help students locate muscles and understand their actions.
27. Life Science Animations 3D CD-ROM-More than 120 animations that illustrate key biological processes are available at your fingertips on this exciting CD-ROM. This CD contains all of the animations found on the Essential Study Partner and much more. The animations can be imported into presentation programs, such as PowerPoint. Imagine the benefit of showing the animations during lecture. (0-07-234296-X)
feedback form |
locate your campus rep |
request a review copy
Copyright ©2001 The McGraw-Hill Companies.
digital solutions | publish with us | customer service | mhhe home
McGraw-Hill Higher Education is one of the many fine businesses of the The McGraw-Hill Companies.
Copyright ©2001 The McGraw-Hill Companies.