|Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology 8/e Shier/Butler/Lewis|
Online Learning Center
Chapter 8: Joints of the Skeletal System
After you have studied this chapter, you should be able to:
1. Explain how joints can be classified according to the type of tissue that binds the bones together.
2. Describe how bones of fibrous joints are held together.
3. Describe how bones of cartilaginous joints are held together.
4. Describe the general structure of a synovial joint.
5. List six types of synovial joints and name an example of each type.
6. Explain how skeletal muscles produce movements at joints and identify several types of joint movements.
7. Describe the shoulder joint and explain how its articulating parts are held together.
8. Describe the elbow, hip, and knee joints and explain how their articulating parts are held together.
MHHE Home | About MHHE | Help Desk | Legal Policies and Info | Order Info | What's New | Get Involved