Tips for Completing the Global Business Plan |
With each new copy of International Business, 3/e, students receive a free Global Business Plan Project and Resource CD. Here are additional tips and resources to assist students in completing the global business plan activities on the CD.
DEVELOPING A GLOBAL BUSINESS PLAN: Overview
Every entrepreneur or organization conducts research in order to develop a plan for implementing a business idea. This project is designed to provide a flexible foundation for creating an international business plan in various settings. The framework may be used for planning global expansion of an existing product or service, or may be used to research a new foreign business opportunity.
Each module of this project is designed to help you gather information related to a component of an international business plan and has the following elements:
The final result of your global plan may be in one of the following formats:
- PURPOSE with an overview of the module.
- INSTRUCTIONS that suggest sources for researching this component of the global business plan.
- TEXT REFERENCES listing the chapters that provide the foundation for the module.
- TEXT HYPERLINKS to Web sites that may be used for gathering needed information.
- VIDEO CLIPS with short audio-visual presentations related to the module.
- WEB LINKS with suggested Web sites for gathering information.
- RESEARCH COMPONENTS that specify the information to be researched when developing a particular aspect of the business plan.
- A SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITY designed to expand your international business awareness through field research activities (interviews, surveys, in-store observations) and creative presentations, such as oral reports, videos, newsletters, Web sites, and other visual displays.
- a written report with supplementary tables and visuals.
- an oral presentation with visuals.
- a summary in a poster format or other visual display (video, newsletter).
Tips for Navigating the CD
Accessing the CD Features
Once you've installed the CD, you will have access to the following components: global business plan modules, hypertext book chapters, video clips, book Web site. (Hint: When you click on the book Web site, you will actually link to the main McGraw-Hill Higher Education menu and will need to add the word hill to the URL before proceeding to the book Web site: i.e. http://www.mhhe.com/hill.)
Because the business plan project is the basic framework for the CD, all of these components can be accessed through the individual modules.
Printing the Business Plan Modules
To print a module, click on the print button located in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
Using the Hypertext Book Chapters
Are you uncertain about the meaning of import quotas? Clicking on a text concept within a module will link you to that place in International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace where the concept is discussed. Once in the chapter, you can link to other pages by clicking on the page numbers located at the bottom of your screen. (Hint: To leave the chapter and return to the module, click on the X to close the window.)
Exiting the CD
To exit the CD from within a module frame, click on the up arrow located in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then, once you are back to the main menu, click on the quit button located in the lower-right portion of the screen.