1. The fist, held at arm's length, fills an angle of about
one tenth of a degree
2. On the celestial sphere, the circle which is located 90 degrees from the zenith is the
3. The point directly over an observer's head is that observer's
4. The angular distance of an object from the horizon is its
5. The azimuth and altitude of an object located due south and on the horizon are
azimuth 0 degrees, altitude 180 degrees
azimuth 180 degrees, altitude 0 degrees
azimuth 90 degrees, altitude 0 degrees
azimuth 90 degrees, altitude 90 degrees
6. Which of the following would be the coordinates of a star which is setting in the northwest?
azimuth 180 degrees, altitude 90 degrees
azimuth 145 degrees, altitude 0 degrees
azimuth 300 degrees, altitude 0 degrees
azimuth 75 degrees, altitude 90 degrees
7. What are the altitude and azimuth (in degrees) of a star which is setting in the west?
altitude 45, azimuth 360
altitude 90, azimuth 90
altitude 0, azimuth 270
altitude 30, azimuth 180
8. How many seconds of arc are there in a degree?
9. During a night, the stars move generally
10. The prime meridian is a line of constant