What's New In This Edition?
- The new edition is language independent and provides the source code both in C+ + and Java for the Case Study.
- More pedagogical material: new synopses and outlines assist both the student and instructor, the case study is presented in more detail, and additional "How to Perform" boxes have been added throughout the text.
- Chapter 4 from the previous edition has been split into two chapters: Chapter 4 "Teams" and Chapter 5 "The Tools of the Trade".
- More material on design patterns has been included.
- A new overview of XP (Extreme Programming) has been added.
- The coverage of the capability maturity model (CMM) and ISO/IEC 15504 (SPICE) has been updated.
- Coverage of ISO/IEC 12207 has been added.
- The references to further reading have been updated to reflect important new literature.
- The new edition features an improved website that now includes new self-quizzing for students and PowerPoints.