|| Concepts of Fitness and Wellness 3e Corbin||
|Online Learning Center
Concept 2: Using Self-Management Skills to Adhere to Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors
Concept 2: Using Self-Management Skills to Adhere to Healthy
The Facts About Lifestyle Change
- Many adults want to make lifestyle changes but are unable to do so.
- Practicing one healthy lifestyle does not mean you will practice another,
though adopting one healthy behavior often leads to adoption of another.
- People do not make lifestyle changes overnight. Rather, people progress
forward and backward through several stages of change.
- Once Maintenance is attained, relapse is less likely to occur.
Factors that Promote Lifestyle Change: The Facts
- There are many factors associated with achieving advanced stages of healthy
- Personal factors effect health behaviors but are often out of your personal
- Predisposing factors are important in getting you started with the process
- Enabling factors are important in moving you from the beginning to stages
of change to action and maintenance.
- Reinforcing factors important in adhering to life style changes.
- Being aware of factors that influence lifestyles can lead to lifestyle change.
The Facts About Lifestyle
- Learning self-management skills can help you alter factors that lead to
healthy lifestyle change.
- It takes time to develop unhealthy lifestyles and time to change them.
Strategies for Action: The Facts
- Many people feel that factors influencing health and wellness are out of
- Many people can benefit from a new way of thinking about health, wellness
- Assessing factors that influence healthy lifestyles provides a basis for
changing those factors that can contribute to health, wellness or fitness.
- Assessing your current self-management skills provides a basis for future
- You can benefit from a critical analysis of the theories and models that
help us understand the factors that lead to healthy living.
Begin a search: Catalog | Site | Campus Rep
MHHE Home | About MHHE | Help Desk | Legal Policies and Info | Order Info | What's New | Get Involved
Copyright ©1998 The McGraw-Hill Companies. All rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill Higher Education is one of the many fine businesses of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
For further information about this site contact firstname.lastname@example.org.