|| Concepts of Fitness and Wellness 3e Corbin||
|Online Learning Center
Concept 24: Preventing Other Health Threats through Lifestyles Change
Concept 24: Preventing Other Health Threats Through Lifestyle
The Facts About Cancer
- Cancer is a group of more than 100 different diseases.
- Cancer is a leading killer in our society.
- Of the more than 100 forms of cancer, four account for more than half of
all illness and death.
- Many factors are associated with increased risk of cancer; among them is
- Recognizing early warning signals can help reduce the risk of cancer.
- There are several strategies that can be followed to help prevent cancer.
- Regular self-examinations and periodic medical tests can help reduce risk
- Many forms of cancer can be cured.
The Facts About Diabetes
- There are several classifications of diabetes that cause health risk to
- Diabetes and related conditions are a leading cause of death in our society.
- Diabetes is associated with other health problems.
- Lifestyle changes can help reduce the symptoms and complications typically
associated with diabetes.
- Once diabetes is recognized, adherence to a treatment program is essential
to prevent related conditions.
The Facts About Other Health Threats
- Injuries are a major cause of death and suffering.
- Changes in lifestyles can reduce injury rates.
- Improved occupational safety could help reduce injury rates.
- Many mental disorders pose threats to health and wellness.
- Mental disorders result in loss of life, injury, and inability to function,
and they cost the public millions of dollars annually.
- Reducing the incidence of suicide and serious injury from suicide attempts
is an important national health goal.
- Depression is a common mental disorder that can usually be treated effectively.
- Sleep disorders can often be helped by lifestyle changes.
- Syndrome X is a newly identified health problem that can be modified with
Strategies for Action: The Facts
- Self-assessments and regular medical exams can help you determine if you
need help with various health problems.
- Staying up with new health information can help you identify and get treatment
for health problems.
- Adhering to sound medical advice is important to disease prevention and
Begin a search: Catalog | Site | Campus Rep
MHHE Home | About MHHE | Help Desk | Legal Policies and Info | Order Info | What's New | Get Involved
Copyright ©1998 The McGraw-Hill Companies. All rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill Higher Education is one of the many fine businesses of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
For further information about this site contact email@example.com.