Slide 5 of 13
Additional supporting research can be read by checking the following references:
- Blair, SN., et al. (1989). Physical fitness and all-cause mortality: a prospective study of healthy men and women. JAMA, 262:3295.
- Pi-Sunyer, FX. (1993). Medical hazards of obesity. Ann. Intern. Med, 119:655.
- Stamler, R., et al. (1978). Weight and blood pressure. Findings in hypertension screening of 1 million Americans. JAMA, 240:1607.
- Stefanick, ML. (1993). Exercise and weight control. Exerc, Sport Sci, Rev, 21:363.
- Williams, DP., et al. (1992). Body fatness and risk for elevated blood pressure, total cholesterol, and serum lipoprotein ratios in children and adolescents. Am. J. Public Health, 82:358.