The Maple Supplement
This book is a supplement to Ken Rosens's text Discrete Mathematics and its Applications, Fifth edition. It's entire focus is on the computational aspects of the subject. To make use of the code found in this supplement you need to make use of a special library that has been developed to supplement Maple for this book.
To make use of this code
- Download the zip file containing the supplemental library by clicking this library link rosenlib.zip
- Unzip the library in an appropriate location on your machine. This will create a subdirectory under the current directory
with the name
- Add the rosenlib directory at the beginning of Maple's
libnamevariable as in
libname := "c:/rosenlib", libname:
maple.inifile, or somewhere near the top of your Maple worksheet.
- Whenever you wish to use the code, load it first by executing the Maple command:
The sample code that is found throughout the text is found in blocks of code which begin with a reference to
and then load this package.
A table of contents for the supplement appears below with hyperlinks directly to the Maple supplements relevant to the various chapters.
- 1. Logic, Sets and Foundations
- 2. The Fundamentals
- 3. Mathematical Reasoning
- 5. Counting
- 6. Advanced Counting
- 7. Relations
- 8. Graphs
- 9. Trees
- 10. Boolean Algebra
- 11. Modelling Computation